● The solder pads near the side of the logic board look to be a *perfect* match for a dock connector!
● A couple of connectors shy of a full-on computer
● Samsung K9LCG08U1M 8GB NAND Flash chip
● Wi-Fi board brought to you courtesy of Panasonic!
● Broadcom BCM4329XKUBG 802.11n Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/FM chip on the Panasonic board,
● 256 MB RAM
● Just 5.95 watts
Apple TV Repairability: 8 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair)
● Relatively easy to open case that can be easily reassembled.
● Separate power supply board that can be replaced independently of the logic board.
● Simple design - there's 6 pieces!
● Relatively common fasteners (Phillips and T6 Torx) found throughout.
● Thermal pads rather than thermal paste means no messy cleanup.
● Lots of expensive electronics housed on one singular board means that if one fries, the board is toast.