How to Jailbreak Using a Custom Restore IPSW and RedSn0w (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Using a Custom Restore IPSW and RedSn0w (Windows)

hairyleprechaun - December 30, 2010 at 8:23am
Thanks iClarified, iPhone Dev team, and everyone else! I just used this article, to upgrade two iPhone 3G (one on 3.1.2 and the other on 4.0.2) to 4.2.1 using a custom firmware created on a MAC and RedSn0w for Windows 0.9.6b6. Both updated successfully while retaining the 05.13.04 baseband and both have also been unlocked successfully. Thanks again!
ter - December 15, 2010 at 8:30am
Hi can anyone confirm this to work to jalbreak an old bootrom 3GS from 4.0 (jailbroken) to 4.2.1 without touching the baseband?
romnag - November 20, 2010 at 7:22am
The latest version of Redsn0w crashes for me. When I\'m on the ram-disk mode, then the program crashes (on window) and says the program stopped work.
vartaxe - November 12, 2010 at 12:03pm
i got the 3g with 4.0.2 from a friend cause he bought the new one... iphone 4. whats the best way for jailbreaking it? limerain greenpoison or that online jailbreak thing? btw is it possible to carrier unlock it? whats that thing everyone talks about called \"activation sim card\"? do i need such a thing?
dingy - November 10, 2010 at 11:29pm
I did the jailbreak with limerain, and I try to unlock it with redsnow , everything works, except it is giving me the waiting for activation thing , and it dont read any chip not even at&t . what can I do ? please help.
Tom - November 9, 2010 at 7:05am
Does redsn0w affect the baseband or should I use Pwnage to update to 4.1??
L. - November 8, 2010 at 3:38pm
Hi, I followed this tutorial, and I keep getting a \"iphone could not be restored unkown error 6\" everytime and every time i restart the process and after deleting Itunes library and other custom ipsw files from my comp. I\'m on a Vista laptop, and right now I\'m pretty much out of ideas escept for maybe doing an official Itunes restore...Anybody encounter the same error 6 along the way and if yes, do the experts have any fixes???Thanks
L. - November 8, 2010 at 3:49pm
and just a footnote...I am in Itunes logo screen only, not activated, when I am doing this...is that the problem?
Amila Fonseka - November 5, 2010 at 5:13am
Hello guys, is there a possibility for me to update my 3GS which is on 3.1.3, which i got recently (blackra1ned and relies on unlock), since its not a factory unlocked phone. Since i got it recently there was no ssh saved for anything later than 4.1. Which is the far more reason i need to be more cautious in doing the upgrade a problem free one. So will this work for my situation. Looking forward for an reply and thanks a lot in advance guys....!!!! :-)
Denicay - November 9, 2010 at 2:07pm
Same case too. i haven\'t save SHSH blops for my 3gs 3.1.3, so i\'m affraid to jailbreak and loss everything if i do not succeed. By the way, i would like to thank iClarified for those tutorials, and special thanks to Dev-Team too.
zaffar - November 5, 2010 at 12:42am
Help pls. I have 3GS new boot room. On 4.0. Firmware.can I use this method to custom 4.1 without updating my basband.when we put original restore file in redsnow, does it not update basband?I appreciate any help thanks.
ESFR09 - November 4, 2010 at 6:36pm
I buy a iPhone 3GS and it comes with new baseband!!!@#@# If I use this Jailbreak with Custom Restore it will downgrade the baseband? Can I unlock or need to wait?