Chris Pirillo's Father Tries to Use Windows 8 [Video]

Chris Pirillo's Father Tries to Use Windows 8 [Video]

Anonymous - March 15, 2012 at 4:31am
Like father like son!
win8noway - March 15, 2012 at 3:23am
HAHAHAHA.. CHRIS IS MEAN :P but he's right.. tiled interface is great and all but they're still missing something there. Mac by the way shows you gesture when you first power up the machine...
Angel - March 14, 2012 at 7:30pm
I fix windows computers since 1999. And I tell you. Windows 8 is good concept. Osx like. But for most of the people. Its going to be confused. I had windows 8 like for a while. And in the beginning. Even watching. A video. Get confused. But. Not for long. I think. Microsoft is in a way to compete with apple. But has to get better.
Neeraj - March 15, 2012 at 12:17am
This is a insider story, Chris father actually developed Bing :-) Chris has gone mad, shame on him , just to get some hits to his video and website, he has brought his father ... lame
nwywg - March 14, 2012 at 5:03pm
this video is stupid to prove a point. is call a learning curve and it will only take 2 min. of reading an illustrated manual. the same will have is the father starts using a mac for the first time prob. worst!
boreddrummer - March 14, 2012 at 4:57pm
i tested this out on my mum who isn't computer literate in the slightest, and the first thing she did was open the tiled interface, so yeh..
Juggy - March 14, 2012 at 4:35pm
Interesting that you choose not to show him how to use it first. How did anyone know how to use gestures in OSX or spaces if they weren't shown how first? I dont think creating spaces and using 1-4 finger gestures became intuitive until it was demoed.
Eddy - March 14, 2012 at 4:39pm
The video wasn't showing how to figure out the new technology or new features. But simply understanding the new interface how to get around the os. He doesn't need to understand gestures to use OSX. But windows 8 is confusing for average users.
Nick - March 14, 2012 at 4:49pm
Computers don't come with demos and the people selling the computers usually don't demo the OS either. Unless Microsoft is planning on forcing people to watch a demo of how to use Windows 8, I think a lot of people are going to be as confused as he was. On a side note, did they really do away with the start menu? Because I don't want to use that tile crap on my desktop, that tile stuff should only be used on touch screen devices in my opinion. If Windows 8 doesn't allow you to use Windows like I can right now in Windows 7 then I won't be upgrading.
Baxter - March 14, 2012 at 7:02pm
Yes, you can still have the old Win7-like desktop in Win8. It's actually one of the tiles. The start button switches between the desktop & the tile interface. I've got the consumer preview edition installed & have to say I'm not impressed yet. I have an Acer W500 tablet that I was hoping to upgrade to Win8 to enjoy the touch experience better, but so far, I still prefer Win7 running on it, which has been great.
Eddy - March 14, 2012 at 4:34pm
LOL. love the last quote. "Are they trying to drive me to Mac?"