Over 600,000 Macs Now Infected With Flashback Trojan, Make Sure You Are Not

Over 600,000 Macs Now Infected With Flashback Trojan, Make Sure You Are Not

Wimbledonpaul - April 7, 2012 at 2:20pm
Well I replaced OSX with Win7 on my 27" iMac and have never had any virus issues. Its not about OS vulnerability and more down to user vulnerability! (I wonder if anyone has researched any link between getting a virus on your machine and getting an STD!)
ratGT - April 7, 2012 at 11:49pm
My condolences... I feel SO sorry for you poor iMac...
brandon - April 7, 2012 at 3:47am
my compute is running windows 7 and got infected and I have three antivirus softwares on it it doesn't matter the number that guy is right windows is extremely vulnerable to any attack because most viruses smash through the antivirus soo how do you feel
Kose - April 6, 2012 at 5:49am
Windows is sloppy. And for apple to have been hit with this, is its destiny. Linux baby
WaterLily - April 6, 2012 at 1:26am
1) this is a pointless trojan 2) the number claimed is suspiciously high 3) tomorrow evidence shall prove Dr. Webs own calculation were done on a pc and he is who has the virus Either disable your JAVA or make sure you are updated from the Apple site. Also consider, removing Adobe Flash player, your Mac does not need it. And lastly, read careful to what you are asked when installing anything.
Zzz - April 5, 2012 at 7:47pm
Here it comes, let the battle begin! At least in windows people know that they need an anti virur software, with macs noone gave a shit untill now. Come on guys fork out evn more money on new software!
ratGT - April 5, 2012 at 10:27pm
Dude, I can tell from the 'tone' of your writing that you're new in the neighborhood. We, the older Mac users, have been hearing these kind of 'breaking news' concerning Mac viruses for AT LEAST the past 6 years - and guess what? We always consider them as equally important and real as 'world end' announcements made by all those crazy and bogus religious leaders...
WaterLily - April 6, 2012 at 1:30am
Ha you make me laugh Zzz, Anit-virus has been on Macs for decades. Mac is protected and always updated. Dr. Web has made a mistake and like you failed to understand his findings in hopes to earn some coin.
Logic - April 5, 2012 at 6:59pm
Everyone should know windows is vulnerable to the virus aswell.
Zzz - April 5, 2012 at 7:50pm
Yes but window users are usually prepared for stuff like this, only people who are ignorant get infected.
ratGT - April 5, 2012 at 10:36pm
You're rather ignorant, because if you weren't, you would know there is no such a thing as bullet proof protection, specifically in Windows. No matter if you have 2 Antivirus programs running along with a Firewall and another 2-3 antimalware and antispyware, Windows will eventually 'surrender' to some form of Internet attack or data-exchange contamination. And that's because it is MADE for inviting hell, sooner or later...
HO - April 6, 2012 at 3:35am
...really...wow, my Win7 machine must be crawling with malware....hmmm...nop, ur wrong, better go and buy some antivirus for ur machine...oh wait I forgot u only do what the koolaid tells u....oh well...
ratGT - April 6, 2012 at 3:57pm
Ermm, kiddo, why don't you hurry back to your bedroom before yo momma notices you're being naughty and continue leveling up those WoW characters of yours on your 'beautiful' and 'safe' Win 7 PC, and leave these kind of adult discussions to serious Mac OS X (or even Linux) users...
wow - April 5, 2012 at 6:23pm
Wow. I'm happy I have windows on my machine. Apple sucks.
iJoke - April 5, 2012 at 8:52pm
And apple is happy not to have you as an user.
ratGT - April 5, 2012 at 10:39pm
@wow --- ha ha ha ha... I did know that multi-infested rats such as you, a Windows user, would have the guts to climb up his sewer and try to act funny!
Fanornotfan - April 5, 2012 at 6:04pm
I don't give a FUCK!!!
iJoke - April 5, 2012 at 8:50pm
And we don't give a fuck that you don't give a fuck.
Ryan - April 5, 2012 at 5:59pm
does anybody else find it ironic that the software update to fix the virus is 66.6 MB?
casper - April 5, 2012 at 6:07pm
yeah but it probably contains not just the executable fix but also replacement to system files and library. :)
Mr.D - April 5, 2012 at 5:12pm
How sad! Who said MACs don't have viruses? Awesome job whoever did it!
Paul - April 5, 2012 at 5:43pm
No one said that. you still can't compare one outbreak to thousands of outbreaks on windows pc.
ratGT - April 5, 2012 at 10:47pm
@Mr.D --- Educate yourself before you write in public, you ignorant and illiterate Window$ dweeb - It's "Macs", not "MACs". As for the 'Trojan', expect it to be as serious and real as the world-end scenarios 'based on' the Mayan calendars... Now go back to your PC and run that Virus scanner and Disk Defragmenter and avoid making a fool out of yourself!