We set out to design a stabilizer that we could use to shoot professional-looking footage with a wide range of cameras : DSLR cameras, point-and-shoot cameras, GoPro cameras, iphones or any smartphone.
● You will start using it minutes after you take it out of the box. Just mount your camera, balance it with the simple counterweights and you are ready to shoot.
● It will work with almost any camera including: point-and-shoot cameras, GoPro cameras, the iPhone, and most smartphones. It also works great with DSLR's like the Canon T2i or Nikon D5100.
● The standard 1/4-20 thumbscrew will allow you to mount most cameras and the included universal smartphone holder will allow you to use the Picosteady with any smartphone or iPhone.
● Its ultra light weight (6.5 oz/180 g) and very compact size (5" x 6.5") means you'll actually carry it with you, greatly improving any footage you shoot, from home video to amateur film.
● It's affordable. It will retail at $179 (right now, it is available for kickstarters at a lower price of $139).
● It will last a very long time and handle the abuse thanks to its solid construction. We selected quality materials such as high grade aluminum and solid brass to ensure long-term durability. The balancer arm is laser cut and powdercoated.
● It is made and assembled here in the USA.
You can pledge $139 to receive one Picosteady unit. Add $15 to upgrade to the Glif instead of the universal smartphone mount. The project has raised $5,895 of its $15,025 goal with 29 days left.
Read More [via CultofMac]