iPhone 5 Pre-Orders to Begin Friday, September 14th?

Show Article
Comments (17)
Crunch - September 12, 2012 at 2:51pm
Lock and Load!! My AMEX card is ready to rock and roll.
Himanshu Patel - September 12, 2012 at 7:43am
Let me tell you! this new look of website is awesome...
roc - September 12, 2012 at 3:44am
Who cares its just gte same thing as the 4 s just bigger and in may 2013 hey with have 5s so really Apple.and is it lte nope
Yo - September 12, 2012 at 2:34am
Im buying 1 ! Im there
Lol - September 12, 2012 at 12:02am
Why isnt it releasing today
Superz - September 11, 2012 at 8:57pm
i am still of the belief that these pics were of the real thing...too good a render. Most likely there will be slight changes as these pics were still early enough in the process for a design change to be made. But...tomorrow, it will look almost identical!
Locutus - September 12, 2012 at 2:28am
Nope, they're still as fake as they've always been and to be honest, the render quality is only OK. The giveaway is in the way wood textures are shaded and in the way the artist set up the lighting with the obvious over-use of global illumination. It would have been more impressive and believable if the artist had made his lighting solution a little simpler.
b - September 12, 2012 at 8:38am
yep. I too believe these are too good to be "drawn" or rendered. I'm not a pro and can't really tell, but it looks real to me.
Superz - September 12, 2012 at 7:48pm
You may be right. But now, just as I've said, after looking at the real pictures from Apple's site...It was reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly close....only the extra shinny metal of the white version gives it away. The actual one, is the same look as the 4S. I've loved the new design with dual tone back since this render and I'm actually pleased that the real thing is just as good. I was still dissappointed for the announcement tho, but I don't really know why, they seemed to have fixed everything...other than a drastic change to the looks (which isn't necessary). I think its just because it was leaked so early...we knew everything and there was nothing to announce, they could have just put up the new things on the website with the spec sheet and saved a lot of money, lol. Sigh...I want one still, but I might stick to my 4S. Will decide based on which IOS6 features its compatible with etc.
mz - September 11, 2012 at 6:26pm
I think the reason Apple would do this is that many people don't get paid till Friday, and in this way they can ensure the most sales from day 1. For instance I get paid the 15th and 30th of every month, and if those days fall on a weekend, I get paid on the Friday before that. I was actually hoping Apple would do this because I didn't want pre orders to sell out before recieving my paycheck.
Steve - September 11, 2012 at 6:51pm
They don't charge your card until it ships. But good thought.
Russell - September 11, 2012 at 6:54pm
Possibly the dumbest comment I have ever seen. Congratulations!
U r gay - September 11, 2012 at 6:55pm
They do put a hold on the amount needed in your available balance...also a good thought.
Liam - September 11, 2012 at 8:27pm
This is actually a very smart comment. I'm a marketer and always see a larger return on paydays with asks and new product launches. It's just how it works. Someone who isn't living paycheck to paycheck is still more likely to spend larger amounts of money on payday. Glad to see what a mature audience this blog attracts though.
Jerry - September 11, 2012 at 8:33pm
I agree. It's not always from an actual cash flow perspective, but the perception of having more money on payday. I by no means live paycheck to paycheck, but I had an involuntary response saying in my head "ohh... that's the day I get paid.
Russell - September 12, 2012 at 3:28am
Maybe you guys should actually try reading his 'dumb as a rock' statement before you agree with him.
FindingDildo - September 12, 2012 at 1:22pm
It's only dumb because you're a fag and didn't take it in the ass last night. Sorry
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
Google AdSense App for iPhone Gets Additional Reports, Visual Improvements to Graphs, More
The Google AdSense app for iPhone has been up...
500px Gets Support for iOS 8, Direct Photo Upload Through Share Sheets
500px for iOS has been updated with support f...
Black Market Takes Over the iPhone 6 Lines [Video]
Filmmaker Casey Neistat has posted a new vide...
iPhone 6 Slow Motion Wine Pour at 240fps [Video]
Check out this slow motion wine pour test of ...
Verizon iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Users Get Simultaneous Voice and Data
Verizon users who have the iPhone 6 and iPhon...