FireCore has announced the release of aTV Flash (black) 2.0 for the second generation Apple TV.
The update is free for all current users. Here's some of the new features...
Browse by category
The new Library View will now index all your media (even if stored on multiple devices) and automatically organize movies, TV shows and music into easy to use categories such as: genre, release date, star rating, age rating and others. TV shows will also be group by series/season automatically so there's no more worrying about keeping your folders perfectly organized.
While we think this is a great new way to browse and enjoy your media, the original file/folder based browsing will remain intact and working as an alternative option.
Fully integrated search
Sometimes you know what you want to watch, and don't want to browse. With our new integrated search you can do just that. This powerful search tool allows you to search by movie, TV series/episode, song, artist, album or filename. Just start typing and the results will start being displayed instantly.
Keep it all in sync
Also new for 2.0 is trakt.tv syncing. This is a great feature if you're trying to keep multiple Apple TVs in sync, as if you watch a movie on the first device it will also appear as watched on the 2nd. Additionally, if you manually mark a movie or show as watched on trakt.tv, it will automatically get marked as watched on the Apple TV. In a similar fashion, Last.fm scrobbling allows you track music plays in your Last.fm profile.
● Added all-new Library View
● Added integrated media search
● Added trakt.tv 2-way syncing
● Added Last.fm scrobbling
● Added genre/artist based playlists
● Added Recently Added display option
● Improved handling of WTV files
● Improved handling of DVD audio tracks
● Improved AFP connections
● Improved filename recognition
● Improved subtitle handling
● Resolved various navigation issues
● Resolved rare DVD playback issues
● Resolved rare subtitles positioning issue
● Many other minor improvements and fixes
You can purchase aTV Flash 2.0 from the link below for $29.95. You can find instructions on how to jailbreak your Apple TV here.