Shazam for TV Expanded to Include Any Show, Any Channel
Shazam today announced that it has achieved the major milestone of exceeding a quarter of a billion users globally. Shazam also announced that it has expanded its Shazam for TV second-screen service in the U.S. to support TV programming on any channel, anytime of day. Now, Shazam fans can use the app as a "TV companion app" with any TV show in the U.S. to access cast details and photos, music in the show, celebrity gossip, trivia, celebrity tweets, and links to additional information, plus the ability to instantly share and comment on the show or episode on Facebook and Twitter.
Starting today, when people in the U.S. use the Shazam App while watching television, they have a fast and easy way to access:
● Featured music Shazam has leveraged its rich music history and its 20+ million track database to identify the music featured in whatever people are watching
● Cast information the app will list the cast featured in the program, guest stars, as well as other shows they've been in
● Trivia fans can learn more about their favorite program and even read about the occasional goofs with the trivia feature in the app
● Celebrity buzz gives fans all the latest gossip about the show and the stars in it
● Social sharing live Twitter feeds as well as commenting in the app makes it fun to talk with your friends about what you're watching
● More information convenient links to show-related information at IMDB, Wikipedia, and the official site for the show.
In addition to expanding Shazam for TV, Shazam is also enhancing its social features for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android devices. When Shazamers activate the Shazam Friends feature in the app, they can see what their Facebook friends are tagging, and now they will be able to make comments about their friends' tags in the app. Additionally, with the activation, people's tags will appear on their Facebook profile in their timeline, enabling people to discuss with their friends in Facebook what they are watching or listening to. For people who download Shazam for the first time, they will see the "Login with Facebook" message when they open the app for the first time. Users can also change these Facebook sharing preferences in the Settings section of the app. Social sharing via Twitter and Google+ is also available. These new sharing features will be released in the coming weeks with additional features to be added in the coming months, including being able to Like tags.
You can download Shazam from the App Store for free.