OmniFocus, a task management app for the iPhone and iPad, has been updated with support for iPhone 5, iOS 6, and TextExpander.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you'll always have your important information at hand, whether it's a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home-whatever you need.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni's free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers.
- Create a new task quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari and Twittelator.
- Plan your day's errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what's on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Contact our Ninjas for free customer support via email or phone to keep your trusted system running smoothly.
What's New In This Version:
OmniFocus for iPhone 1.15 includes support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6, adds TextExpander touch support, a Russian localization, and various other improvements and bug fixes.
TextExpander touch Support
OmniFocus now includes support for TextExpander touch. TextExpander snippets will be expanded in most text fields, in notes, and in search.
Maps & Location
Location Reminders in OmniFocus exclusively uses geofencing whenever possible. (In the uncommon case where you've exceeded the device's maximum number of monitored regions, OmniFocus will fall back to using significant location changes as a supplemental mechanism.)
Fixed a bug where requesting directions to a context's location in Maps mode didn't correctly open the directions in the Maps app on iOS 6.
This release restores business search.
Privacy on iOS 6
OmniFocus requires permission to access your Reminders to use the Reminders Capture feature.
OmniFocus requires permission to access your Calendar to use the Calendar Events feature of Forecast mode.
OmniFocus requires permission to access your Contacts in order to assign a contact address as a Context's location.
OmniFocus for iPhone now includes a Russian localization.
On iOS 6 OmniFocus uses a more robust and flexible method for capturing Reminders.
Reminders captured on iOS 5.1 no longer have "Event reminder" as their default note.
Improved the appearance of completed action titles in the Action inspector.
Improved match highlighting in the Context and Project picker on iOS 6.
The Calendar Alarms setup screen now includes instructions for enabling SSL on your calendar subscription. (iOS does not include a mechanism for OmniFocus to enable this automatically.)
In Forecast mode the due time is shown for items not in Past or Future.
Fixed a drawing glitch triggered by completing the last item in Forecast mode on iOS 6.
Fixed an edge case where sync which removed a due date may have left the due notification scheduled.
Fixed a bug where the Search screen was sometimes incorrectly laid out after interacting with the on screen keyboard.
Omni Sync Server usernames are always lowercase. Sync Setup enforces this now to eliminate the possibility of entering an unusable value.
The selection style of Forecast's past section draws overdue only when you have overdue actions in the past.
You can purchase OmniFocus from the App Store for $19.99.