Drop Test: Apple iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S III [Video]

Show Article
Comments (40)
Martino - September 23, 2012 at 9:46pm
COCONUT - September 23, 2012 at 9:27pm
IF ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT DEFECTIVE IPHONE 5 WITH KNICKS AND SCRATCHES OF ANY SORT. CALL APPLECARE! THEY WILL SEND YOU A BRAND NEW IPHONE PLASTIC SEALED WITH BOX AND EVERYTHING TO YOUR HOUSE AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SEND THE OLD PHONE BACK WITH BOX AND EVERYTHING IT CAME WITH USED OR NOT. THEY WILL ASK YOU FOR PHOTOS SO TAKE PHOTOS AND THEY WILL HAVE YOU SEND IT TO THEIR EMAIL TO SHOW TO THE ENGINEERING TEAM. DON'T FORGET TO SEND A THANKYOU NOTE TO APPLE FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT THEY PROVIDE. IN CHINESE AND ENGLISH BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WILL GO FIRST.
Dash - September 23, 2012 at 8:38pm
Jag... Your calling us isheep.. But have you heard yourself .. Your totally a paranoid android... At least our apps work on all phones... Can yours after a few yrs.. No they can't... We get iOS updates now and again ... What are your updates... A new phone... Plz think before you post...
Jag-Off - September 23, 2012 at 8:53pm
I only call people that defend apple with their every breath iSheep. Those that use apple devices, but could care less about the cult part or the company I respect. I don't own any android decide yet. Once it's time for my 4 to get upgraded (march 2013), I'll decide then. Right now I'm not impressed at all with the 5 release. I've had a chance to play with a few SG3's an I must say that I think that it a very slick machine as well as a decent OS. I've seen te evolution of the iOS and I'm a little dissapointed they aren't further along. Apple must love the JB community as ALL of their best ideas came from the JB guys. Funny that the best app I've used on iOS is Photosynth and that was made by MS! Lmao. I expect to get little support on iClarified as 99% of ppl that use this site are apple users. My point is - just look at things objectively an put your ego in a drawer while doing so
Martino - September 23, 2012 at 6:36pm
Maybe if Samsung pay's more attention trying to make a better phone then making there stupid commercial's, they can come up with something !!
Jag-off - September 23, 2012 at 4:17pm
As expected, you're a iSheep that has already determined what is a better product before even looking at a comparison. If you look solely at hardware SG3 beats out iPhone 5. The 5 is actually more comparable to the SG2. The only hardware component the 5 has to boast about is the camera really. As for OS, of course the iOS is more stable and a better experience, it in its grandfather years. If you time line the deb of iOS though, the Android OS is actually farther ahead in stability and quality than the iOS was at the same age. I use apple every day all day, but I keep an open mind and if something comes out that beats apple, I'll drop them like a bad habit. No different than getting a new car or TV. Brand names mean nothing to me and they should mean nothing to you
Jag - September 23, 2012 at 6:33pm
Buddy, Performance matters... You cannot drive a F1 car in your streets... It has got a beast in it but I cannot actually run.. Well, I talk about everyday life... Samsung is just a showcase piece. It attracts you because the specs, design and the big screen. I don't call this a phone, its just another piece of crap. I wanted the phone, not me everyone wants a phone that survives till the maximum end possible in this very world. I do own a 3GS still in a awesome running condition eventhough I threw my phone, dropped it from the bus and other daily usage, the phone actually survives and gives the best shot. I have seen SIII, its all glaring but does work in the real world.... Come to the real world buddy.... Samsung has got very good specs, I accept it but it has to function really well to its specs. Android sucks first of all.... I wouldn't even blame S3... And finally, you jack off....
Jag-Off - September 23, 2012 at 7:58pm
Really? Every used both OS systems? I've used iOS since before apps pal. It in not the be all of mobile OS. It has a lot of issues still that are yet to be resolved and literally is incompatible with nearly everything else in the world. iOS has really good potential but to get where it needs to go, apple needs to let it out of the cage and stop trying to make the world fit in to the apple box. If you actually know anything about the iOS and android, you know where the real potential is. Remember that the iPhone, as a product, is where it is today because of us and the app developers. It's not because of the device itself. How does apple thank the app developers? By taxing them completely in to the ground for zero profit. Real good and ethical business model you like to support and justify actions for. I'm not the one who needs a wake up call Jag-Off
Lol - September 23, 2012 at 3:08pm
I always find it humorous when I see tests like this. Soon enough they will be making phones out of graphine and the drop test will be irrelevant anyways. Who has a smart phone without a case anyways? I've seen this test go the other way as well. Plastic (if using a good composite) is actually a superior choice as its light and strong. It's funny when I hear people say the G3 feels cheap. It's like electronics in the 80-90's. They used to put lead weights in the TVs and what not to make them heavier. Why? Because stupid people felt the equipment felt cheap because it's light and plastic. These same ppl would prolapse their rectum trying to move these things. I have feeling the G3 is going to give apple a run for their $$. If you immediately feel I'm wrong that's a good sign you're unwilling to open your eyes to reality and live in a dream world that nothing can beat an apple. Anyone that comes out with a product that rocks, will only be outdone by something else later. Others will copy and mimic. That is great for consumers. I'm a consumer and I don't benefit (likely you don't either) from promoting overpriced electronics like the entire Apple line. And no, you're not paying for quality and no the prices are not fair. They are marketing you. Have you heard what their cash on hand is? 10 years ago they were basically broke, now they have billions in cash. That only happens when you gang rape the masses
Jag - September 23, 2012 at 10:47am
As expected..... iPhone rock!!!
[o.0] - September 22, 2012 at 11:00pm
I tried looking for this videos website and I wasn't able to find it. It kept re-directing me to iAuthority.com I guess they changed their mind after this video. Hahaha. Fuck Shitdroids!!!! Worthless plastic garbage.
Peter - September 22, 2012 at 8:46pm
All tests have different results but the i-phone 5 is made of the bullet proof material and the Kevlar is five time stronger than steel. It can tell that how strong and robust the moment the i-phone 5 hits the ground and just think of the moment the bullet hits the bullet proof vest.
Thatcher - September 22, 2012 at 4:11pm
He really wanted that thing to crack!!