How to Upgrade Your iPhone 4, 3GS Without Updating the Baseband (Mac)

How to Upgrade Your iPhone 4, 3GS Without Updating the Baseband (Mac)

AdrianaH - March 1, 2014 at 6:08pm
Is there a way to use this method with a broken Home button? Thank you.
Isaias - September 1, 2013 at 12:47am
can I use this method with my iPad 2 , I am running 6.1.3 ???
Thomas - June 15, 2013 at 12:58pm
Great news guys! If you iPhone is locked by AT&T and you bought it 2 years ago it can be Factory Unlocked now! Just contact AT&T from the following link: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition I did it and it is free and fast! Forget about Ultrasnow/Gevey and preserving your baseband, this is the real jailbreak, haha! iclarified should post this info in every post!
blinddummie - June 20, 2013 at 7:47pm
iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.10 tried this & it asks for shsh. My cydia crashed months ago so I deleted it and don't know how to reinstall it to see my shsh or get them or whatever I'm supposed to do. Ive been in safe mode for 2 months but everything seems to work. I just want to go to 4.3.2 or 5.0 because most apps require it. Any help would be enormously appreciated.
Thomas - May 5, 2013 at 7:46pm
I am trying to upgrade to 6.1.3 from an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with BB 01.59.00 and got Unexpected Error 2831. I tried fixing it holding Home Button through all the process, I didn't get the error but Redsnow never finished and I got stucked on Recovery Mode (itunes logo). Any ideas how to fix it?
009 - May 19, 2013 at 2:49am
I also got "Couldn't restore" "Unexpected error (2831)" and my phone came back on just the way it was before I began. I'll keep scoping this out to see if there's a fix. I will also try using firmware 6.0 instead of 6.1.3 and see how that goes. I'm running iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 Modem Firmware 5.13.04. Thanx
Daniel - February 9, 2013 at 7:39pm
When i finished this process i ended up with the 'connect to itunes logo"
Alex - February 6, 2013 at 10:59am
Can I use this method to upgrade my 3gs from iOS 4.1 to 6.x ? My iphone is running still BB 5.13.04 and I think I have to keep this BB to stay unlocked ?! I have iphone 3gs new bootrom, AT&T unlocked and jailbreaked via redsn0w running iOS 4.1 Thanks !
al - January 28, 2013 at 4:12am
i have an iphone 4 and i follow the instruction but i am stuck in DFU mode, can someone help?!!
al - January 28, 2013 at 4:13am
I know how to get out of the DFU mode, I just need to know why the update is not working....
rocky - January 23, 2013 at 6:17pm
iPhone 4 with baseband 03.10.01 with gevey sim unlock.. will this work?
0di3 - January 7, 2013 at 2:42am
will this method work for the iphone 4s?
Hamza - November 6, 2012 at 10:33pm
does anyone know If I have iphone 4, baseband 01.59.00 would i still persevere my baseband if i follow these instructions correctly?