A top Samsung executive says the company has no plans to settle with Apple, reports the AFP.
The statement comes following Apple's announcement that it reached a settlement with HTC.
"We have no such intention," J.K. Shin, the head of Samsung Electronics' mobile unit, told reporters on Wednesday when asked if Samsung would seek a similar settlement.
Samsung -- the world's top mobile and smartphone maker -- was ordered by a US jury in August to pay Apple $1.05 billion in damages for illegally copying iPhone and iPad features for its flagship Galaxy S smartphones. It has appealed the ruling. Since then, two separate rulings by courts in Japan and the Netherlands have dismissed Apple's claims of patent infringement.
Samsung more than doubled Apple in smartphone shipments for 3Q12, according to an IDC study.