GM has announced that the Chevrolet Spark and Sonic LTZ and RS will get 'Eyes Free' Siri integration early next year.
Through the cars’ standard Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, customers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. To further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode that enables users to interact with their iPhone using nothing more than their voice while keeping the device’s screen from lighting up.
Owners simply connect their iPhone with the MyLink radio via Bluetooth, pair with the system, and use the steering wheel voice activation button to begin and end sessions with Siri in Eyes Free mode.
Owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
● Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
● Play songs in the iTunes library, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
● Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
● Access Calendar and add appointments
● Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up, even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays
● While in Eyes Free mode, Siri will not provide answers to complex questions that require displaying a web page.
More details can be found at the link below...
Read More [via Nema]