TomTom has updated its app with iPhone 5 support, Places, improved Maps and HD Traffic, and more.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
- TomTom Offline Maps.
- FREE Lifetime Maps.
- FREE Daily Map Changes.
- IQ Routes.
- HD Traffic. Faster. Proven. (available via in-app purchase)
- Powerful search.
- Multitasking support.
- Seamless integration.
- Landscape/portrait orientation option
- 2D/3D driving view
- Advanced lane guidance
- Automatic day & night mode
- Clear voice instructions
- Spoken street names (2)
- Fast route recalculation
- Multi-stop routes
- Eco Routes
- Millions of pre-installed POIs
- Help me! emergency menu
- Audio output switch to stream audio to the TomTom Hands-free car kit (Bluetooth A2DP)
- Celebrity voices (Available via in-App purchase)
- Car symbols
- Map colors
- Share your destination via email, Facebook or Twitter
- See http://www.tomtom.com/iphone for full feature descriptions
What's New In This Version:
*** If you delete your app before installing the update you will lose your settings and saved locations. To avoid this we recommend that you update via the iTunes app on your computer. ***
- WORKS WITH iOS6: Don't worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone or iPad to iOS6. This app is fully tested with iOS6 so you can update with confidence.
- OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone 5
- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- TOMTOM PLACES: Tap into TomTom Places, search results designed for drivers. Helping you find anything from a local gas station to a supermarket, wherever you are. Type in your search word, find matching locations, and let your app take you there. NOTE: When used, these features need to share your location in order to work. Full details can be found in the about screen of the app.
- WORKS WITH APPLE MAPS: When you find a place to visit using the Apple Maps app, TomTom can guide you there. Simply select TomTom as the routing app and enjoy world-class car navigation. (requires iOS6).
- HD TRAFFIC: Receive more accurate traffic jam locations, road closures, and road work zones. The improved HD Traffic service helps you to get to your destination even faster.
- GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH: due to the discontinuation of the Google Local Search service, TomTom has decided to remove the feature. You can still search for locations using TomTom Places. Alternatively you can search Google in your browser and use the Copied Address feature to plan routes to these locations.
You can purchase TomTom U.S. & Canada from the App Store for $59.99.