Sonos App Can Now Stream Music Directly From iOS to Your Sonos System
Sonos has released an app update that allows you to stream music content straight from your iOS device to your Sonos system.
Control all of your music, in every room, from your iPhone. Manage your iTunes library, the best online music services, shows and podcasts, plus hundreds of thousands of radio stations from around the world; to stream through every room in your home. Play a different song in every room or play together in perfect synchronization, while adjusting the individual volume of each player. Use the touch screen on your iPhone to pick a room, point and flick to pick a song, then hit play. Simply link and unlink zones to play different songs in different rooms or the same song in every room — perfect synchronization.
• Stream all the music on earth all over the house, wirelessly - no docking or computer required.
• Works seamlessly with Anubis.fm, Aupeo!, Deezer, iheartradio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Slacker, Internet Radio, Spotify, Stitcher, Wolfgang’s Vault. (Service availability varies by region.)
• Play a different song in every room or the same song in perfect synchronization.
• Access music stored on your computer, and instantly play music from a NAS drive or Apple Time Capsule without turning on your computer.
• Control the music selection and volume in each room individually.
• Search for any song with the touch-screen keyboard.
• Wake up or fall asleep to your favorite music or Internet radio station with full-featured alarms.
• Set up or expand the Sonos system wirelessly with the touch of a finger.
• Play Apple Airplay music sources all over the home.
Requires at least one Sonos component. To start playing music, one player or BRIDGE must be connected to the router, then all the rest work wirelessly.
What's New In This Version:
The Sonos app will now play music from your iOS device. (iOS version 6 or later).
You can download Sonos Controller for iPhone from the App Store for free.