Facebook Users on Android Outnumber Facebook Users on iOS [Chart]
Benedict Evans has published a report on Facebook mobile users using data which until recently could be found directly from the site.
Until late last year, Facebook disclosed monthly active users (MAUs, hereafter 'users' for simplicity) for its smartphone apps, on a rolling daily basis. I was always slightly nervous of publishing it, since you had to know how to get it and I suspected it might disappear if anyone pointed it out. Now, like fairy gold, the data has disappeared, so I can share it.
● In September 2012, Facebook reported 470m users of its smartphone apps for iPhone, Android, RIM, Nokia, Windows Phone and J2ME ('Featurephone)
● It had a further (presumably overlapping) 45m users of its iPad app, out of around 100m active devices
● Out of 1.07bn total users, Facebook reported 604m 'mobile users', implying that 134m were not using these apps and hence were using the mobile web
● Obviously, these numbers are not exclusive: many, if not all, of the people using mobile apps are also using the desktop site
● 140m people were using the iPhone app and 176m using the Android app
● Facebook Messenger has around 53 million users
● Facebook Camera only has about 1 million users
Much more information is revealed in the full post linked below...
Read More [via TechCrunch]