The Google Currents app for iOS has received a major updated that brings a new edition sidebar, fast scan, breaking stories, saved stories, and more.
Google Currents delivers beautiful magazine-like editions to your tablet and smartphone for high speed and offline reading.
• Publisher editions - Publishers such as Forbes, The Guardian, TechCrunch, PBS, Saveur, and more have produced hundreds of editions including full length, in-depth articles, videos, fine photography, and slideshows. Editions are free, - covering news, business, lifestyle, fashion, sports, science, technology, design, food, entertainment and more.
• Fast scan - A new navigation mode lets you quickly swipe vertically to discover unread stories within an edition, swipe horizontally to move to the next edition within a category. Or, use the sidebar to jump ahead to a specific edition.
• Breaking stories - Google Currents uses Google search technology to deliver the hottest breaking stories in categories such as world, entertainment, sports, science, and more. As you travel to different countries, additional breaking stories are added to match your location.
• Saved stories - Run across an in-depth article that you want to read later, or a special recipe you want to keep? Star any story to be saved for later, in your personal Saved stories edition.
• Your favorite blogs and feeds - Instantly, turn your Google Reader subscriptions, or any of your favorite blogs/feeds into a beautiful edition with a magazine feel.
• Translate - Currents uses Google translate technology to translate editions into a preferred language of your choice. 44 languages are supported.
What's New In This Version:
• Edition sidebar - quickly access your editions within categories such as business, sports, etc.
• Fast scan - Vertical swipe to scan an edition, horizontal swipe advances to next edition
• Breaking stories - ranked by Google News. Links to full length content.
• Saved stories - star for future reference
• New catalog design
You can download Google Currents from the App Store for free.