Samsung Pulls Way Ahead of Apple in Smartphone Shipments [Chart]

Show Article
Comments (20)
Jeff - January 26, 2013 at 4:17pm
Whatever. Apple rules, Samsung drools.
FanBoy - January 27, 2013 at 12:54am
Dude my Nokia 640 rules!
Mongoloid Blaster - January 26, 2013 at 5:04am
Wow, can you please drink some bleach before you type you mongoloid.
Sean - January 25, 2013 at 9:12pm
Well duh. Walmarts line of phones and metro pcs and cricket are carrying galaxy's now. So yes they will edge out apple.
Fanboy - January 26, 2013 at 4:05pm
That's the point!! Don't matter how they sell the phone. They are selling more phones the apple! Apple was good while they "just worked"! Well they still do but build quality is not what they did few years ago..
City023 - January 26, 2013 at 11:43pm
Whose sells Galaxy and at what price isn't the deal here. Wake up! The point is that more people bought Galaxy than iphone. You get that? Walmart is selling iPhone 5 for $129 w/ 2 yr contract. Some selling galaxy for free. So that's why Galaxy is winning, their giving it away. iPhone4-Life✌
Ken - January 27, 2013 at 2:11pm
It's a little misleading to just say smartphone shipment this, smartphone shipment that, and think that Samsung sold near 200 million Galaxy S3 or Note 2. Only S3 and Note 2 are comparable to the iphone, and thats no where near in volume sold. I've been to Vietnam and they have the galaxy Y, Galaxy Duos, and all these other galaxies that cost 100USD, no contract, no commitment smartphone. Therefore, a poor country like Vietnam alone can already contribute 30 million smartphones to samsung's report. Imagine with China, millions of those 100USD galaxies can be sold in days. Not really any scary fact.
lamar870 - January 25, 2013 at 7:48pm
man i can't believe people keep buying these iphones. apple sell the same junk over and over. the ip3g can't do this, so here comes ip3gs, then ip4, then ip5 quest what jailbreak and you find the first one could have done it all the time.gimmick phone
Raaj - January 25, 2013 at 7:10pm
Comparing the iPhone with all crap cheap phones is unfair. iPhone is way ahead in quality. Rest are just low cost plastic and frustrate the user!!!
lamar870 - January 25, 2013 at 7:47pm
FanBoy - January 25, 2013 at 5:22pm
You all apple fanboys get a life and stop defending Apple... Apple are selling fear fewer iPhone then what they sold this time last year. iPhone 5 - over 30% sold have some kind of defects like scratched bezel! I was one of the them who bought a brand new ip5 with scratched beze from Apple. Apple replaced it but with another ip5 with a scratched bezel! So now got a refund. Getting a Samsung S3. Since Mr Jobs passed the Apple phones are not as well built. That man was a perfectionist. And this is why people are buying other phones and also the reason Apple shares are down from over $700 to just over $400! P.s the quality of a Beetle is better then a Ferrari. Beetles engines don't blow up when your driving them
ShitBuster - January 25, 2013 at 6:05pm
then in return, I presume you are a samsung fan boy? I don't know if you're in a complete neutral state or not, If I were in that mindsets of being in a state, I wouldn't call those people a fanboy just because their using Apple product. Besides, I have noticed that some of those people, who use Samsung product, highly tend to bashing Apple users with their wired concepts of social status with their Samsung phone, which I cracks me up, but whole lot more annoying than that gay guy's voice in the pistachio advertisement... I'm not bashing you just because you being Samsung user, but I have to knock you down just because you became irrational about what other people use. Samsung users use phone what they like, Apple users use the phone what they like, but I don't see it is necessary for us to play which phone is better. Be modest, and nice to the others just because you use Apple product or Samsung product that doesn't not make yourself far better than anyone else. When we die, we all look like crap and that's who we are.
Fanboy - January 25, 2013 at 7:03pm
Did you read the whole artical, I thinking you didn't? I was writing to give one example in why apple are makeing less orders the the suppliers, and "fanboys" defending Apple to the end. Just as I was going to buy a apple iPhone 5 doent make me a apple fanboy Or samsung fanboy! I also gave a reason why I think apple are going wrong....
iPad guy - January 26, 2013 at 6:29am
Wow thats so right man cuz I don't care about this gay phone war n $ in it for me!
Apply water to burned area - January 25, 2013 at 5:15pm
Lol, instantly the iPeople jumping to defent their innovative company. Keep telling yourself those things, you might start beliving in it
Maj - January 25, 2013 at 4:52pm
Samsung shipments include all 127 models that Samsung makes. Apple shipments only include the 4S and the 5. By this comparison, you can clearly see that there IS no comparison.
Lionsnz - January 25, 2013 at 4:44pm
I guess this means apple sells more high end phones. If you subtract the cheap shitty Samsung phones and just leave the s3 how many have they sold.
fackyo - January 25, 2013 at 4:40pm
Because they are making this fuucking phones impossible to jailbreak.So people are fed up of the bullshit of Apple trying to control after we spent our hard money. I just spent $400 on iPhone 5 64gig.The reason I bought it because I know there is a jailbreak coming out. If there is a jailbroken Iphone available for sale say...$599 for the jailbroken one! I would buy it. Give the people their freedom
Apple CarPlay Hacked to Run on iPhones and iPads [Video]
Developer Adam Bell has managed to hack Apple...
Watchboard Tweak Brings the Apple Watch UI to Your iPhone or iPad [Video]
Watchboard is a new tweak from Aaron Ash, the...
These Are Amazon's Black Friday Deals
Amazon has unveiled its Black Friday deals on...
Apple's Black Friday Deals Are Now Live Online
Apple's Black Friday deals are now live throu...
Amazon's Thanksgiving Day Deals on Apple Products and Tech
Here's a list of some of the deals Amazon is ...