Apple Updates Remote App for iOS With Several Improvements
Apple has released an update to its Remote app for iOS that brings improvements for search results, rating songs, sorting podcasts, and more.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with the new iTunes. It is simpler, easier, and gives you new ways to browse your library and see upcoming songs with Up Next. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can add new songs to hear them next from iTunes on a Mac or PC, or an Apple TV. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Change a song, pick a playlist, or browse your entire library from anywhere in your home. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
• Control iTunes and Apple TV from anywhere in your home
• A simplified look with new ways to browse your library
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• See all songs in an album with Expanded view on an iPad
• Add new songs to hear them next and then automatically continue where you left off
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Pause, rewind, fast-forward, shuffle, and adjust the volume from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Control the volume on each speaker independently
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV
What's New In This Version:
Includes improvements for search results, rating songs, sorting podcasts, and general stability.
You can download Remote from the App Store for free.