Apple Releases Update to AirPort Utility for iOS
Apple has released an update to AirPort Utility for iOS that provides the ability to extend the Guest Wi-Fi network on a network configured with multiple AirPort base stations and the ability to add a WPS-capable Wi-Fi printer.
Use AirPort Utility to manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule — right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices. Change base station and network settings, or manage advanced features such as security modes, wireless channels, configure IPv6, and more.
AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule.
• See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
• Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
• View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
• Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
• View or update passwords for your network, base stations, or disks
• Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers, and router addresses
• Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
• Configure base stations for IPv6
• View status or error messages
What's New In This Version:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
• The ability to extend the Guest Wi-Fi network on a network that is configured with multiple AirPort base stations
• The ability to add a WPS-capable Wi-Fi printer
• Improved international support
• Enhanced password management
You can download AirPort Utility from the App Store for free.