Seas0nPass Updated to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 on iOS 5.2, aTV Flash 2.2 Released
Seas0npass has been updated to jailbreak the Apple TV 2 on iOS 5.2 and FireCore has released aTV Flash 2.2 for the new firmware.
The wait is over, and today we’re happy to release updated versions of aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass that support the recently released 5.2 (iOS 6.1) Apple TV software. Big thanks goes to the evad3rs for making much of this possible.
Apple officially added support for Bluetooth keyboards in Apple TV 5.2, and we’ve been working non-stop to provide a seamless experience in aTV Flash (black) 2.2. Now features such as web browsing, media playback, library browsing and more can all be controlled using a wireless keyboard.
● NEW! Added support for Apple TV 5.2 and Bluetooth keyboards
● Minor improvements to backups
● Minor improvements to DVD playback
● A handful of other bug fixes and improvements
How to Update aTV Flash:
aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is compatible with any ATV2 running 4.4 and later, so updating to 5.2 is not required. However, should you so desire, the best way to update can be found below.
● Backup your settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
● Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update the Apple TV to 5.2.
● Download and install the new 2.2 version of aTV Flash (black).
● Install any desired items through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.
● Restore the previously saved settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
You can find the instructions on how to jailbreak using Seas0nPass here:
● How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Seas0nPass (Mac)
● How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Seas0nPass (Windows)