Who Bought and Sold Apple Stock in 4Q12 [Chart]
Form 13-Fs for big financial institutions reveal how much Apple stock they bought and sold in the fourth quarter of 2012, reports Fortune.
The top 5 institutions that sold:
● Capital World Investors: Down 4.9 million shares
● Fidelity Management and Research: Down 4.3 million
● Capital Research Global Investors: Down 2.9 million
● Wellington Management: Down 2.3 million
● Marisco Capital Management: Down 1.9 million
The top 5 institutions that bought:
● CitiGroup: Up 1.8 million to reach 7 million shares
● Commerzbank Aktiengesellschraft (German): Up 1.5 million to reach 2.8 million shares
● Credit Suisse (Swiss): Up 1.5 million to reach 3.4 million shares
● Vanguard Group: Up 1.1 million to reach 42 million shares
● Nataxis (French): Up 1 million to reach 1.3 million shares
Notably, three of the top five firms that bought were foreign companies.