Both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S Outsold the Galaxy S3 Last Quarter [Chart]

Show Article
Comments (7)
Dave Heller - February 21, 2013 at 11:21am
The chart the guy used says "Shipments" does that mean sales? I am sure the iPhone 5 was shipped all over the place to be in stores. And if they are doing the best smartphone sales in the world why is their stock hovering at 450 down from 700 when the iPhone 5 first came out. This is all bogus.
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
Patrick - February 22, 2013 at 5:38am
When Samsung or any non-iPhone brand that is being sold on a contract releases the sales data, i.e., it's not actual sales figures representing the total number of units being sold to consumers. Instead it represents the total number of shipments in the pre-voulume sales made to vendors such as AT&T or Verizon that will sell them to consumers (end-users) as according to their projected outcome, which doesn't always come out right as expected, e.g. Windows Phone, whereas iPhone is mostly sold via Apple online store or its in-store (aka Apple Store), as each unit of sale accounts for actual sales volume in real-time.
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
Sell My Mobile - February 21, 2013 at 9:42am
I think we will see a similar set of results this year as well with the Galaxy S4 to be released in a few weeks. Samsung taking Q3 and then Apple taking Q4 when they release the iPhone 5S/iPhone 6. Craig, sellmymobile.com
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
sortodawy - February 21, 2013 at 8:19am
"excuse me where is the chart for Samsung Galaxy s2?" GOOD QUESTION
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
fasdfas - February 21, 2013 at 5:32am
excuse me where is the chart for Samsung Galaxy s2?
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
iCrunch - February 20, 2013 at 4:01pm
hahahh...I love it. My girl's got an S III and I've got a Windows Phone HTC 8X sitting here and guess what, even though I tried to like them, they simply pale in comparison. (to the iPhone 5, ...and 4S, for that matter) Now, the jailbroken iPhone 5, with which you can have all the widgets on your home screen and live stock tickers, weather, and whatever tons of tweaks there are available, that iPhone 5 blows all the "live tiles" and widgets on Android in the world so far out of the water, ...gimmick time is over, baby!
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
Really!!! - February 20, 2013 at 5:49pm
While I agree with you, having the that functionality only works when the iPhone is jailbroken and simply cannot be compared to phones that have that functionality out of the box. Months go by after a release before a JB is available. It's sad, I just wish Apple get its head out of its own a**.
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam