Spotify App Gets New Sidebar, Now Playing Bar, Track Menu
The Spotify app has been updated with a redesigned interface that includes a new sidebar, now playing bar, and track menu.
Spotify gives you instant access to millions of songs on your iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. With the Spotify app, you can choose to listen for free, or subscribe to Spotify Premium.
Spotify Premium Features:
• Instant access to millions of songs
• Stream online
• Listen offline – no mobile connection needed
• Share music with your friends
• Star your favourite tracks
• Wirelessly sync your own music to your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
• Create and sync playlists
• Send the music you’re enjoying direct to Last.fm & Facebook
What's New In This Version:
• New: Shiny new interface. You can navigate around the app with a new sidebar. Check it out by swiping left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
• New: Now Playing bar. You’ll always see what you’re listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, just swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
• New: Track menu. Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
• Fixed: "Track only available online" issues. This would sometimes appear after start-up, or when you’d been offline for a little while. Not any more.
• Fixed: Lock screen will now always display the correct track.
• Fixed: Shuffle now switches off after you’ve used "Shuffle Play" on an album or playlist.
You can download Spotify from the App Store for free.