GroupMe Messaging App Gets Group Gallery View
GroupMe, a group messaging app for iOS, has been updated with a new Group Gallery view.
GroupMe is the best way to chat with everyone you know. It's free, whether you're talking to a group of friends, or texting with one person. Best of all, it works on nearly every phone, with a smartphone app or via SMS. With GroupMe, it's easy to reach anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Chat with a group
- Start groups with the people already in your phone's address book… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
- The conversation starts instantly. The app uses your data connection, so even iPod touches and iPads can join in on the fun.
- When you have a poor connection, the app will let you start receiving your messages via SMS instead. You'll never miss a thing!
- Share the group with people you want to join with a simple URL. It's perfect for when you don't have everyone's phone number — or when you're not sure who will want to chat with you.
Get fancy with it
- Share photos inline – take them on-the-go or choose them from your Camera Roll. Check out the Gallery to see all the photos shared in each group.
- Split costs with the members of your group. Just attach a Split to a message and anyone in the group can chip in with a credit card.
- Attach your location to any message so nobody gets lost.
- Give your group an avatar — choose anything that represents your group.
- Tap the heart next to any message to "like" it and spread some love.
Send a private message
- Take your private conversations outside the group.
- It's just like free texting… send all the messages you want and you'll never pay a cent.
What's New In This Version:
- Group Gallery view
- You can now split costs and collect money from the members of your group. Just attach a Split to a message and anyone in the group can chip in with a credit card
You can download GroupMe from the App Store for free.