Minuum is a tiny, one-dimensional keyboard that frees up screen space while allowing fast, accurate typing. Current technology assumes that sticking a full typewriter into a touchscreen device is the best way to enter text, giving us keyboards that are error-prone and cover up half the usable screen space (or more) on most smartphones and tablets.
Minuum, on the other hand, eliminates the visual clutter of archaic mobile keyboards by adapting the keyboard to a single dimension. What enables this minimalism is our specialized auto-correction algorithm that allows highly imprecise typing. This algorithm interprets in real time the difference between what you type and what you mean, getting it right even if you miss every single letter.
● More Screen Space: Recover more than half of the usable touchscreen space you lose when typing on traditional virtual keyboards
● Fast Sloppy Typing: Type fast without worrying about being precise, thanks to smart
● Large-Finger Friendly: Easy letter magnification for precise typing—especially useful if you have large fingers
● QWERTY Keyboard: You already know how to type with Minuum—it’s just the QWERTY layout, minimized
● Full Functionality: Convenient access to everything you’d expect in a keyboard (such as, punctuation, space, backspace, and enter) without stealing your screen space
● Type Anywhere: Move the keyboard around on your touch screen, and stretch or shrink it to suit your needs
Whirlscape is seeking funding on Indiegogo for their Minuum keyboard. So far over $3000 of their $10000 goal has been raised with 30 days left. The keyboard will first be released on Android via the Google Play Store. A SDK for iOS will also be released to allow developers to add Minuum keyboards to their apps.
Check out the video below for more details...