Gmail App Now Supports Swiping Between Messages, Gets Edit Mode
Google has updated its Gmail app to support swiping between messages and an Edit mode that lets you take action on multiple messages more quickly.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New In This Version:
• Swipe left or right to move between messages without returning to the inbox
• Take action on multiple messages more quickly: Selecting a message in the inbox now enables edit mode. Once in edit mode, tap on messages to select them and then choose to archive, delete, or more, from the new actions bar. You may select Cancel at any time to leave edit mode.
And of course: performance improvements and bug fixes
You can download Gmail from the App Store for free.