How to Enable T-Mobile AWS LTE Support on Your A1428 iPhone 5

How to Enable T-Mobile AWS LTE Support on Your A1428 iPhone 5

JT - April 2, 2013 at 7:57pm
I just finished these steps and now it shows 4G but when I ran a speed test at my house it gave me the same test of 16 mbps over and over again so question is by doing these steps do they really give me 4G. I've got the iphone 5 factory unlocked USA version and it showed 3G on my device and had good speeds for example at my house it hit 16-19 mbps then I did these steps and they do the same speeds.
88ender88 - March 31, 2013 at 7:25am
yep, there is now only "overlay" in my carrier bundles, and there are no longer "cellular data network" settings so cannot enable data on my phone. booo if anyone out there knows how i can use ifunbox or something to re insert the carrier bundle or something that would be great. no restore from 6.1.2 to 6.1.2, would be bummed to lose jailbreak for 6mos on 6.1.3 due to this.
88ender88 - March 31, 2013 at 6:43am
this failed for me. there were no (carrier.pri, overrides_N41_N42.plist, and overrides_N41_N42.pri) to change, but i did change the carrier.plist to add .bak. then the download link for the LTE package release failed. now my phone has lost data service and i am no longer able to see the carrier.plist.bak file to return it..woops a shame, this would have been sweet.
Ong - March 31, 2013 at 1:08am
Does anyone notice the different 3G and 4g( LTE) ???
Tony - March 30, 2013 at 3:19pm
Did anyone test this with Simple Mobile (T-mobile MVNO)? Thanks
Paul - March 30, 2013 at 3:43am
Wow this is pretty amazing.. thank you.. works like a charm..
davvy122 - March 29, 2013 at 5:39am
so this will enable LTE on the 1900 band? not 1700 band?
DNA64 - March 29, 2013 at 11:01pm
That is correct. You'll need to wait for the new iPhone 5 that's being released for 1700MHz support. As AWS LTE only supports 2100MHz and 1900MHz
Dave Ve - March 28, 2013 at 11:12pm
Works Fine, But disappears Personal Hotspot sharing option. I make test with Iphone 5, IOS 6.1.2 Unlocked Factory from Costa Rica ICE Carrier.
Joe - March 28, 2013 at 9:30pm
As expected, this carrier bundle also changed my "Cellular Data Network" settings in the "Cellular Data", "MMS" and "Internet Tethering" boxes. I'm assuming that this is the official T-Mobile carrier bundle and those who wait may be able to download the T-mobile bundle when T-Mobile starts selling the iPhone.
Simon - March 28, 2013 at 9:22pm
Holy sheet man. I think it would be easier to just buy a tmo iPhone than to follow those instructions.