Google Play Beat App Store in Download and Revenue Growth Last Quarter
The Google Play Store bested the Apple App Store in download and revenue growth rates last quarter, according to an App Annie report. However, while Google Play reached nearly 90% of App Store downloads, Apple maintained its lead in monetization, earning 2.6x the app revenue of Google Play; although, that figure is down from 4x in Q4 2012.
● United States was responsible for much of the growth in iOS revenues, while China proved to be an up-and-coming revenue contributor and also led the growth in iOS downloads
● Russia was a key factor in Google Play downloads growth
● Japan and South Korea continued to drive notable revenue growth for Google Play
● Games has grown to account for 70% of revenue in the iOS App Store and 80% in Google Play.
● Photo and Video apps grew to become the third largest in iOS downloads
● Education apps increased in iOS revenue to become the fourth largest worldwide
● Social grew in Google Play downloads to enter the Top 5 category rankings
You can read the full report at the link below...