TomTom Navigation Apps Get Advanced Planning Update
The TomTom navigation apps have been updated with the ability to change your pre-planned route without having to start from scratch.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
● TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you can plan a new route, get re-routed, or search for points of interest. Without needing data coverage.
● FREE Lifetime Maps. Always drive with the latest map and get to your destination faster. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
● FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
● IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
● HD Traffic. Faster. Proven. (available via in-app purchase)(1)
● Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook and foursquare.
● Multitasking support. Clear, turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
● Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
What's New In This Version:
● LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
● ADVANCED PLANNING UPDATE: change your pre-planned route without having to start from scratch. You can now change the starting point, destination, or departure time and see how it affects your drive and arrival time.
● KEEP YOUR SETTINGS: If you are using the iCloud backup feature you can now delete the app to free up space when updating. Make sure that iCloud is enabled on your device. Then open and close the TomTom app to make a backup. Now delete the app to free up space and download the update from the App Store.
● iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen. users (and other users of iOS4.x): this is the last version of the TomTom app that will support your device.
You can purchase TomTom U.S. & Canada from the App Store for $59.99.