Pebble Releases PebbleKit SDK With 2-Way Communication Enabled
Pebble has announced the release of the PebbleKit SDK for its smart watch featuring 2-way communication via the AppMessage subsystem and a Sports API.
The major addition is the AppMessage subsystem which enables watchapps to send and receive data from a connected smartphone app. Be sure to install the latest Pebble firmware 1.10.2 as well. We have also released new documentation including a full API reference.
This update enables Pebble developers to create apps these sorts of apps:
● Watchfaces augmented with data from the internet
● Remote controls for internet connected devices
● Multi-player Pebble games
● 4sq/Facebook/Yelp Check-in Apps
● Sports/Weather/News/Traffic tickers
● Emergency beacon activator
● Deeper sports integration (skiing, hiking, surfing, tennis, soccer score keeping)!
● Bitcoin price trackers (most important watchapp?)
More details in the blog post linked below. You can download the SDK here.