Plex for iOS brings the power of Plex to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. With Plex, you can stream your music, videos and photos from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available from http://www.plexapp.com/) and access content from a wide range of channels. Channels are available for apps like Aperture, iTunes and iPhoto, or online services like YouTube, Vimeo and Revision3. There's also a remote control feature for Plex Media Center.
Additionally, you can sign up for the myPlex service, which lets you connect to servers shared with you by your friends, queue videos from your web browser to watch later, and connect to your Plex Media Server at home wherever you are in the world via Wi-Fi or a celluar connection, with no configuration necessary!
Plex Media Server streams your media directly from your computer, so there's no need to convert before viewing. Plex is smart, too - if your media isn't already in a format your device can play, it'll convert it on-the-fly.
What's New In This Version:
● Plex now uses paging when requesting content from media servers, resulting in much faster section loading and filtering. The difference is huge, especially with larger libraries or over remote connections!
● You can now remotely start and control playback on your iOS device from other Plex apps on your network.
● The app will alert you if you attempt to play content which is missing or unavailable (say, from an unmounted drive).
Fixed in this version:
- Many performance and reliability improvements during sync, including a rather horrible bug that could cause all content to be deleted when syncing over a poor network connection.
- The Retry Sync button works correctly again.
- All disk space is released when deleting the last sync item.
- MOV files with MP3 audio now use the transcoder to ensure successful playback.
You can purchase Plex from the App Store for $4.99.