Just in time for summer, Apple snuck a little surprise into their online stores this Thursday, and 'little' is the operative word. Less storage, one less camera, and a full .06 ounces lighter. Join us to see the iPod Touch's new summer beach body!
● Model A1509
● The iSight camera has been removed and the cables and brackets surrounding it have been slightly redesigned.
● lack of a wrist strap post inside the rear case.
● Apple A5 dual-core processor, with 4 Gb (512 MB) of Mobile DDR2 RAM.
● Toshiba THGBX2G7B2JLA01 128 Gb (16 GB) NAND flash
iPod Touch 5th Generation 16 GB Repairability: 3 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair).
● While very difficult, opening the case and replacing components is not impossible.
● The battery is flanked by notches that make prying it out of the rear case fairly easy.
● Many components are soldered together, requiring either a very difficult or very expensive repair if any one part breaks.
● The Touch has no external screws. Instead, a combo of clips and adhesive makes it difficult to open the case.
● Cables connected to the logic board run over the top and connect on the bottom, making it difficult to remove the board or disconnect the cables.
Check out a few photos below or hit the link for the full teardown.