The Weather Channel App Gets Updated With New Travel Watch, Hurricane Central
The Weather Channel app for iOS has been updated with Travel Watch, Hurricane Central, and improved Radar Maps animation buttons.
With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) 15-minute forecasting technology, The Weather Channel helps you plan the best day possible.
- NEW! TRAVEL WATCH - Save your favorite travel routes and commutes to see how they will be impacted by the weather.
- EXPECT RAIN tab. “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your WEATHER™ conditions (snow, rain or thunderstorms) are changing within 6 hours, our Expect Rain tab appears to let you know the exact time it will happen.
- Detailed WEATHER™ conditions and forecasts (15-minute, hourly, 36 hour, and 10 day)
- Fast, accurate, and localized maps provide you with features like current and future radar as well as customizable map layers.
- Severe weather push alerts & badges
- Swipe between your favorite locations
- Refresh the forecast as often as you like with our refresh button
What's New In This Version:
● NEW! TRAVEL WATCH - Save your favorite travel routes and commutes to see how they will be impacted by the weather. To set these up, simply click the travel icon (driving car) on the “Radar Map” page and follow the prompts
● NEW! Hurricane Central gives you the latest tropical storm and hurricane updates so you can stay informed during the 2013 Hurricane Season.
● Improved Radar Maps animation buttons and easier to access map layers under the page curl.
● Bug fixes
You can download The Weather Channel from the App Store for free.