From the outset, BMW ConnectedDrive has been geared towards the mobility requirements of its users both today and into the future. The carmaker's pioneering role is exemplified by the very first in-car integration of an Apple iPod in BMW cars back in 2004, as well as the multitude of apps for in-car use introduced since 2011. The reorientation of the services now turns comprehensive, intelligent connectivity between passengers, vehicle and the outside world into a reality, while the new and enhanced service features are to be made available for all models by means of a SIM card integrated into the vehicle.
● BMW Assist standard in nearly all 2014 models including 10 years of eCall with enhanced Automatic Collision Notification and BMW Teleservice.
● Updated BMW iDrive 4.2 available or standard on most 2014 models with a range of enhancements and additional features.
● BMW navigation and BMW Online standard equipment on all 2014 5, 6 and 7 Series cars as well as 2014 X5 and X6 Sports Activity Vehicles. It is optional on all other models. In addition to BMW Online, BMW navigation includes Advanced Real Time Traffic Information (ARTTI)1 .
● Concierge service is now standard on all V8 and V12 equipped 2014 6 and 7 Series models. It is now available as a standalone upgrade on most other 2014 models. The service can be initialized at the time of purchase or can be added anytime after purchase.
● Internet access is available as an option on 2014 models equipped with navigation and the latest BMW iDrive 4.22 as part on BMW Online. The internet browser is connected through the vehicle using a 3G network connection.
● Enhanced voice command options including available message dictation and integration of both Apple Siri and Samsung SVoice through the vehicle's voice command controls.3
● Expanded availability of BMW Apps-ready third party apps. In addition to the apps available in the US today – including Pandora, MOG, Stitcher and Aupeo – new BMW Apps that will be available soon include Audible, TuneIn, Rhapsody and Glympse with more to follow. Later this year, BMW Apps integration will be available for devices with the Android operating system.
Read More [via Engadget]