RunKeeper App Gets Overhauled Social Experience, Run Ranking and Comparisons
RunKeeper has been updated with an overhauled social experience as well as run ranking and comparisons.
Join the more than 18 million people who are using RunKeeper to turn their phone into a personal trainer in their pocket! Track your runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
- See detailed stats around your pace, distance, and time.
- Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
- Listen and control your music while you work out.
- Measure your heart rate with many available sensors.
- Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
Measure your performance over time
- View a detailed history of your activities to see how you are doing.
- Get notified when you hit new personal bests and milestones.
- Measure your progress against your goals and targets.
- Follow detailed plans to help you achieve specific fitness objectives.
- Turn any activity into a route to do again later.
Share with friends
- Post your activities, achievements and plans to Facebook, Twitter and your friends on RunKeeper.com.
- Let supporters watch LIVE maps of your workouts and races as you go (must subscribe to RunKeeper Elite).
Get a broader picture of your health at RunKeeper.com
- Integrate your activity data with more than 70 other apps and services including Fitbit, Withings, Zeo, Garmin and many more, to get deeper insight into your overall health.
What's New In This Version:
Totally overhauled social experience:
- Now you can follow your friends' activities and progress right in the app.
- Comment and Like friend's activities to show support.
- Dive deep into your friends activity stats, photos and maps.
Run Ranking and Comparisons:
- See how any run (or walk, or bike) stacks up against similar workouts on your activity summary.
- Compare the pace and elevation charts for any two activities.
- Note: Run Ranking and Comparison requires an elite subscription.
You can download RunKeeper from the App Store for free.
Read More [via Tzvi]