New 2013 13-Inch MacBook Air Teardown [Photos]
iFixit has posted its teardown of the new 13-inch MacBook Air.
Apple used its Worldwide Developers Conference to yet again debut a new MacBook Air model. Join us as we see what 12 months of vintaging has done for the 13" variety of Cupertino's prized ultra-slim laptop.
● Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD Graphics 5000
● 128 GB flash storage (configurable to 512 GB)
● 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM, configurable (but not upgradable) to 8 GB
● 13.3" 1440x900 pixel display (~128 ppi)
● 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
● Dual microphones
● 7.6 V, 7150 mAh battery, an upgrade from the 2012's 7.3 V, 6700 mAh battery
● Flash storage that's "up to 45 percent faster" is sourced from Samsung
● AirPort card uses Broadcom BCM4360 which enables operation on the 5 GHz band at speeds up to 1.3 Gbps and communication via Bluetooth 4.0.
Preliminary MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Repairability Score: 4 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair).
Take a look at a few photos below or hit the link for the full teardown.