Yahoo! Weather Updated With New Icon, Ultraviolet Information
The Yahoo! weather app has been updated with a new icon (again) as well as ultraviolet information in select countries. In addition, the hourly forecast is now 24 hours and the daily forecast has been increased to 10 days. Various other bug fixes were included as well.
The Yahoo! weather app won an Apple Design Award at WWDC 2013.
See the weather like never before - only Yahoo! Weather combines stunning photos with the most accurate forecasts.
The forecast is beautiful.
- Beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information and forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps, plus sunrise/sunset times
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
- Swipe horizontally for favorite locations
- Submit photos to the app at Project Weather on Flickr
"Weather data? Neat. But what’s particularly amazing here is the design of the app itself. It’s a million impressive little things. It’s the blurring of the background as you dive into the grittier details; its the subtle parallax scroll when flipping between cities; it’s the way the cute lil’ windmills spin faster or slower based on the actual current windspeed of the city. It’s the fact that this is made by friggin’ Yahoo." - Greg Kumparak, TechCrunch
What's New In This Version:
Ultraviolet information (select countries only)
Increased hourly forecast to 24 hours
Increased daily forecast to 10 days
Improved app icon
You can download Yahoo! Weather from the App Store for free.