Google Updates Chrome for iOS With Fullscreen Mode for iPad, TTS, History, More
Google has released an update to Chrome for iOS which brings fullscreen mode to the iPad, Text-to-Speech, Bandwidth Management, History, and more.
Browse fast with Chrome, now available on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Sign in to sync your personalized Chrome experience from your computer, and bring it with you anywhere you go.
• Search and navigate fast, directly from the same box. Choose from results that appear as you type.
Simple, intuitive experience
• Open and quickly switch between an unlimited number of tabs. On your iPhone and iPod touch, flip through tabs the way you would fan a deck of cards. On iPad, swipe from edge to edge to switch tabs.
• Sign in to Chrome to sync your open tabs, bookmarks, passwords, and omnibox data from your computer to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Pick up right where you left off.
• Send pages from Chrome on your computer to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with one click and read them on the go, even if you’re offline.
• Open a tab in Incognito* to browse without saving your history. To learn more, please visit: http://goo.gl/WUx02
What's New In This Version:
• Interoperability with other Google Apps
◦ Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
• Enhancements to voice search
◦ Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
◦ Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
• Fullscreen on iPad
• Data cost savings
◦ Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
• Access to browser history
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
You can download Chrome from the App Store for free.