Ubuntu Edge aims to be a catalyst for mobile innovation as well as hardware and software development. By supporting Ubuntu Edge, the Indiegogo and Ubuntu communities will be accelerating the adoption of these new technologies in mass-market consumer phones. Backers committing $600 (£394) on day one, or $830 (£532) thereafter, will receive one of these groundbreaking mobile devices in May 2014.
The Ubuntu Edge will dual-boot Ubuntu phone OS and Android, and will transform into a PC when docked with a monitor, with the full Ubuntu desktop and shared access to all the phone's files. For this it needs the power of a PC, so Ubuntu Edge will be equipped with the latest, fastest components and a massive 128GB of storage. The exquisitely crafted device replaces the traditional glass screen with a pure Sapphire crystal, so tough it could only be scratched by diamond. It will also pioneer the use of long-life silicon anode battery technology. A special dual-LTE solution will all allow high-speed roaming with access to 4G-LTE broadband in both Europe and the US.
Current Ubuntu Edge Specifications:
● Dual-boot Ubuntu Edge into either Ubuntu or Android, and convert into a fully integrated Ubuntu desktop PC
● Fast and powerful device with quad-core CPU and at least 4GB RAM
● 128GB of storage for photos, music, content
● 4.5in 1,280 x 720 display with scratch-resistant Sapphire crystal glass, the hardest natural substance after diamond
● Camera made for low-light, fast response and close up pictures: 8mp rear camera, 2mp front
● Faster connection all over the world with dual-LTE, dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, NFC
● Stereo speakers (Active Noise Cancellation)
● Connect to HDMI TVs and monitors easily with MHL connector, 3.5mm jack
Check out the link below for more information or to pledge...
Read More [via Desire This]