Discover how Disney animated films are brought to life. Explore pages packed with interactive images and multi-layer animated clips. Animate authentic Disney 3D character models, and control a Disney visual effects simulation. Browse a rich timeline of all 53 Disney animated feature films, and more.
Dozens of top animators, artists, technicians, and designers contributed to making Disney Animated an unprecedented hands-on experience. Disney Animated gives you access to an astonishing amount of material from all eras of Walt Disney Animation Studios, beginning with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) and continuing through an exclusive first look at concept art, animation tests, and visual effects from the upcoming film Frozen.
• Read about Disney animation in a way you never could before, and work with Disney characters and technologies via sophisticated interactives.
• Reveal work-in-progress animation steps and visual effects layers beneath animated scenes.
• Zoom in on concept art, painted backgrounds, and storyboards to see intricate details as never before possible.
• Rotate treasured artifacts from the locked vaults of The Walt Disney Animation Research Library as if they were in the palm of your hand.
• Animate Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph using a simple but powerful 3D animation package adapted from real Disney modeling software. Share your animations by email or social media.
• Control Elsa’s magical snow from the upcoming film Frozen, using an authentic re-creation of the visual effects animation system used in the movie. Share your snow flurries by email or social media.
• Swipe through a complete timeline of every Walt Disney Animation Studios feature film, with animated clips from your favorite characters and recently uncovered trailers.
• Trace your finger over the Color Map: a single full-screen image that shows every scene from every Walt Disney Animation Studios animated feature film in thumbnail form. Never before has this complete catalog been browsable in this way.
Disney Animated contains an unabridged version of the Principles of Animation chapter from the iconic work The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston. Unlike in the print edition, all the illustrations move when touched.
You can purchase Disney Animated from the App Store for $13.99.