Turn, press or pull: do you know how the controls in your vehicle work? Green, yellow, red lamps – what should you do? The Audi eKurzinfo app offers you quick and easy assistance in these situations. Focus the camera of your mobile device on the object in question, tap it once, and an explanation will be displayed along with a description of how the item works.
You know that the coolant, engine oil and brake fluid can be checked in the engine compartment, but which fluid is contained where? No more guessing! The "Search in engine compartment" function superimposes an arrow on the camera image to indicate the exact position of the individual components in the engine compartment.
1. Position the viewfinder of your camera so that the object you want to know about takes up as much of the selection box as possible. As soon as the app recognises an object, the selection box turns red and the name of the object appears.
2. To view the corresponding description, tap the centre button in the navigation bar.
3. To capture a different object, tap on the "Back" button.
Search in engine compartment (available for the Audi A3 and Audi S3 only)
1. Select an object in the engine compartment that you would like to have displayed.
2. Position the viewfinder of your camera so that the engine compartment is as large and central as possible in the selection box. The engine version will be recognised automatically, and a red arrow will point to the desired object.
3. If the app is unable to identify the engine version automatically, a list of available engine versions will appear after a few seconds. Simply select the correct engine for your vehicle.
You can download Audi eKurzinfo from the App Store for free.