Ember Mac App is Updated With New 'Smart Drawing' Feature, Other Improvements
Ember, a digital scrapbook app for Mac, has been updated with a new 'Smart Drawing' feature as well as several other tweaks and improvements.
Ember is your digital scrapbook of things that inspire you - be it websites, photos, apps or other things. Just drag in images that you want to keep, organise them into relevant collections, annotate the images you need to give feedback on, and share your images to your favourite web services.
• Organise your ideas and design inspiration
Drag in images from your Mac and around the web, and organise them into Collections. Apply tags to images, and build Smart Collections based on the tags and other metadata in your library.
• Subscribe to your favourite websites
Subscriptions allow you to visually browse the web. Images can be saved to your Ember library, and shared with friends and co-workers.
• Build a scrapbook of designs you love
Save websites to your Ember library from Safari and Chrome with the powerful browser extensions. Ember doesn’t need to be running*, and you can send images to collections right from your browser. Ember uses the width of your browser window when snapping, meaning that the layout is exactly the same in the captured image.
Ember also features a responsive browser, allowing you to save responsive webpages at any desired width, and the Element Selection mode detects appropriate areas of the webpage to snap as you roll over them. There’s even handy presets for your favourite iOS devices to quickly set the browser width.
• Take Screenshots
Take screenshots with Ember, and they’ll automatically appear in your library with the name of the app applied to them. You can capture Fullscreen, Timed Fullscreen, Area and “Window” images.
• Sketch feedback on your images
Beautiful drawing and text tools allow you to give feedback on images. Cropping and rotation ensure that your images are always perfectly sized and aligned.
• Go Full Screen
Work undistracted with Ember in its own space.
• Share with friends and co-workers
Send your images with Email, AirDrop, Messages, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr and CloudApp
• Auto-detects iPhone and iPad screenshots
Library organisation has never been easier: just drag in those PNGs from your favourite iOS device and Ember will automatically sort them into “Phone” and “Tablet” for you!
• Import from LittleSnapper
Ember imports libraries from LittleSnapper, and adds them to your Ember library.
What's New In This Version:
Introducing “Smart Drawing”
We’ve been hard at work bringing some frequently-requested features to Ember, and today’s update adds what we’re calling “Smart Drawing”. As you annotate your images, Ember detects you’ve drawn an arrow, circle or square, and magically replaces your drawing with a beautifully-smooth shape.
We’ve made a number of other tweaks and changes in this update:
• Drag images straight from the Finder to Collections in your Ember library!
• Because your GIFs need managing too, Ember is far smarter about dealing with them. GIFs + Ember + Sharing to Tumblr == Awesome
• When you click “Full Width” in the Ember browser the width now tracks any window resizing. P.S. Did you know that you can drag and re-arrange the width of the browser?
• Each image’s file type is now visible in the Inspector.
• Lots of other small fixes and tweaks to ensure your Ember experience is as smooth as possible.
You can purchase Ember from the App Store for $49.99.