DIRECTV App for iPad Completely Redesigned, New TV Shows Section, Filter Capabilities and More
DIRECTV for iPad received a major update today, bringing a completely redesigned look and navigation to the app. There's now a new menu to make browsing easier along with new filter capabilities based on where you want to view your programming. In additional, there is a new watch button that combines all the ways you can watch a program and a new TV shows section.
DIRECTV does note that this is the last update that will support iOS 5, as future updates will require iOS 6+
The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the newly redesigned DIRECTV App for iPad®. Watch top TV channels live on your iPad® in any room of your home, with select channels available to stream live outside your home. Stream hit entertainment on demand from HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more from anywhere. Plus browse what’s on via the interactive guide, get sports scores customized to your teams, and set your DVR from anywhere.
- Now watch movies and shows on demand at home or on the go from HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, Encore®, and more.
- Turn your iPad into a portable TV and watch top TV channels live in any room of your home, plus select channels, including AUDIENCE Network™, inside or outside your home.
- Browse and discover shows, movies and sports. Plus get program descriptions, cast & crew info, and parental ratings – without interrupting what you are currently watching on TV.
- Tap to tune in to any show on your TV from your iPad.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Track your favorite teams and get real-time scores and schedules.
HOME SCREEN (Customizable modules)
- Customize your home screen by creating a list of your favorite channels. You can add, remove, and reorder as many modules as you like to personalize your DIRECTV experience. Tap on the Manage Modules button to get started.
DEDICATED SECTIONS (Playlist, Guide, Movies, TV Shows, Sports & Networks)
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies right on your iPad.
- Organize and delete recorded programs from all of your connected HD DVR receivers.
- Search the Guide up to 14 days in advance.
- Customize the Guide by favorite channels or channels to watch on your iPad.
- Share your favorite shows with friends on Facebook or Twitter, and check into Get Glue on the show you are currently watching.
- View current sports matchups and scores by league, with the option to watch or record.
- Set your DVR to record On Demand Movies.
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT FEATURES
- View and control multiple receivers from the home screen.
- Easily manage your receiver names directly in the app.
- View all on-going and upcoming sports games in one convenient location.
- DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account or Commercial account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV app for iPad.
- Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models C31, H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or 3G/4G Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR .Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
- Tips, Tricks and Customer Support are available on the DIRECTV website.
What's New In This Version:
- Completely redesigned look and navigation
- New Menu to make browsing your content easier
- New TV Shows section
- New filter capabilities based on where you want to view your programming- on your iPad or on your TV
- Redesigned Info Page for a more visual experience
- New Watch Button that combines all the ways you can watch a program on your iPad or TV into a single location
This will be the last update that supports iOS 5. Future updates will require iOS 6 or higher.
You can download DIRECTV App for iPad from the App Store for free.