Finish Update Brings Task Times, 'Bother Me' Reminders, Task Notes, Real-Life Rewards and Much More
Finish, the app that won an Apple Design Award at WWDC 2013, and created by two high school students, has been updated to version 2.0 bringing tons of new features.
The update brings Task-by-task time settings which has been a highly requested feature, as well as reminders and task notes. The developers claim major design improvements have been implemented as well bringing a more polished and smoother app.
Users have the ability to earn real-life rewards when finishing tasks such as discounts, coupons, snacks, gift cards and more. Data export and backup capabilities were introduced as well.
Overcome the clutches of procrastination with Finish, a busy iPhone user’s best friend. Unlike other to-do apps that are "clever" for their own sake, only Finish takes advantage of how you naturally think. Finish gets in your face when you need it, stays out of the way when you don't, and effortlessly keeps you focused on the only thing that matters: completing important tasks.
A PERFECT FORMULA FOR TASK-MANAGEMENT SUCCESS:
– Simple, intuitive to-do entry. Name, date, done.
– Unique, fully automated, timeframes-based task management. Your tasks automatically slide up as time passes through your customizable Short-, Mid-, and Long-Term Timeframes.
– Notifications that actually help: with optional notifications for both when a task slides or becomes due, you can stay focused on each individual task, while also maintaining a broader sense of how long you have to do everything. It's a secret weapon against procrastination.
– Truly satisfying completion indicators.
– A gorgeous, gesture-based interface--Finish is smooth as can be and a joy to use, because you deserve it.
- One-tap access to all of your completed tasks. Just tap the Finish in the top bar to see what you've finished!
– Multiple view modes--don't want to be stressed and overwhelmed, no matter how much you have to do? Finish intelligently collapses your less urgent tasks, without you needing to worry about a thing. Feeling ahead of the game, and want to see everything at once? Just flick off Focus Mode in Settings. You'll be ready to conquer all of your stuff, no matter the circumstances.
– …and more! (full list & descriptions at www.getfinish.com)
With updates constantly in the works, including more platforms coming soon, Finish can only get better. You've never settled for sub-par, so why not grab the best task-management app available? Be your best, only with Finish.
What's New In This Version:
We're proud to announce Finish 2.0!
We want to say that we can't thank you enough for all of the support, amazing reviews, and so much more. We've spent hours upon hours going through your feedback, and we couldn't have done this without you. So without further ado, here's what's new:
1. TASK-BY-TASK TIME SETTING: This has been the most requested feature by far, and we put a ton of work into finding the very best way to let you set times for your tasks--you'll love it. If you'd rather not set a time, no problem! Finish will continue working great for you exactly as it always has.
2. OPTIONAL “BOTHER ME” REMINDERS: This is insanely handy. Whenever you set a time for a task, you can flip on the “Bother Me” switch. We’ll remind you at the time you set, and then bother you every hour until you finish the task. It takes solving procrastination to a whole new level.
3. TASK NOTES: Another one of our most requested features, you can now add notes to any task. You could add the page number of your homework assignment, the address of your yoga teacher, the color of the paint you need to buy, the gate your flight leaves from, or anything else you can think of.
4. MAJOR DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS: We've improved both visual and interaction designs across the board. Every corner of the app is more beautiful, more polished, and smoother than ever. Awwww yeah.
4. REWARDS: As you complete your tasks, you’ll have the option to earn free, real-life rewards. You’ll never know for sure when you’ll receive rewards--though let’s just say, the earlier you finish your stuff, the better ;). Rewards are constantly changing. They could be anything from productivity tools, coupons,yummy snacks, gift cards, discounts, and more. Keep an eye out for stuff from your favorite brands, and enjoy another huge weapon against procrastination.
5. QUICK-ADD: Simply tap and hold the + button, and you'll instantly be able to type in a task. Just hit enter on the keyboard, and the task is added as due today. Quick-add takes just seconds. (Seriously, we've timed it).
6. SUPER DUPER TASK SHARING: You can now share tasks via email, SMS/iMessage, Facebook, and Twitter. Beyond that, sharing will create links that anyone can tap and instantly add that task to their list in Finish. Our testers have been using this for weeks, and they've been amazed at how valuable Finish's new task sharing is.
7. FULL TASK RESTORE ABILITIES: Simply tap on any task in the Finished Tasks list to restore it to your tasks--easy as pie. And who doesn't like pie?
8. DATA EXPORT: Email yourself or anyone else a backup of all your tasks, in just a few taps!
There's even more to this update--little hidden features, fun animations, and all sorts of other goodies that we'll leave as a surprise for you to find yourself.
We can't thank you enough. None of this could have happened without you. We wish we could give you all a free hug and a cookie.
--The Finish Team
You can purchase Finish. from the App Store for $0.99.