Xcode provides everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Xcode has unified user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging all within a single window. The Xcode IDE analyzes the details of your project to identify mistakes in both syntax and logic, it can even help fix your code for you.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, LLVM compiler, Instruments, iOS Simulator, the latest OS X and iOS SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools to help you create great apps
• Interface Builder is fully integrated as a design canvas within the Xcode IDE
• The Assistant shows files related to what you're editing, such as the header, superclass, or a UI preview
• The Version editor shows a live source code comparison through Git or Subversion history
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-it can correct the mistakes for you
Streamlined interface that is faster and easier to use
• Design your interface side by side with the backing source code
• Create connections from your GUI design directly to the related source code
• Schemes let you customize exactly how your app will build, run, profile, and deploy
• Quick Look variables while debugging to visualize colors, bezier paths, and images
Professional editor keeps you focused on your code
• Click the Jump Bar at the top of the editor to instantly go to another file
• Hit a few keys and Open Quickly will open any file within your project
• View message bubbles to see errors, warnings, and other issues right beside the code
Embedded Apple LLVM technology finds and fixes bugs for you
• Analyzer travels countless code paths looking for logical errors before they become bugs
• Live Issues underlines coding mistakes as you type with no need to build first
• Fix-it can confidently correct mistakes for you with just a keystroke
Test driven development made simple
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots for OS X Server 3.0 to automatically build and test your apps.
Instruments for visual performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and OpenGL performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Monitor your app directly, or sample the entire system, with very little overhead
What's New In This Version:
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and iOS 7.
New features for OS X Mavericks:
• Continuous integration bots build and test your iOS and OS X apps on OS X Server.
• Source Control menu creates new remote Git repositories on Mac servers.
• Debug Gauge for energy use displays a live graph of your app’s power consumption.
You can download Xcode from the App Store for free.