● The Google Maps SDK for iOS now supports 64-bit architectures. Both 32 and 64 bit binaries are built into the single GoogleMaps framework. The correct binary will be selected by Xcode based on your build settings. For instructions on building 64-bit applications, please refer to Apple’s 64-bit transition guide. (Issue 5806)
● Changed some instances of CGFloat to either a float or double where it was more appropriate.
● Added the ability to restrict min and max zoom on GMSMapView. (Issue 5882)
● Added opacity on GMSTileLayer and GMSMarker.
● Core Animation on GMSMapView now requires model values to be set
● Info windows and tappable regions now rotate correctly with markers. (Issue 5896, Issue 5969)
● Padding on a GMSMapView is no longer clamped to its bounds (useful if setting padding on an initially zero-sized map). (Issue 5864)
● Copyright information now animates when changing GMSMapView size or padding.
● Info windows are removed if their GMSMarker is removed from a GMSMapView. (Issue 5856)
● My Location dot uses the last known location information when enabled. (Issue 5590)
● Resolved two rare race conditions that were causing crashes. (Issue 5795)
● Resolved an issue where retain cycles were causing memory leaks on GMSMapView and GMSPanoramaView.
Developers can download the SDK from the link below...