The dictionary interface was also redesigned as well as an updated X-Ray feature, which now can be sorted by relevance, alphabetically, or in order of appearance in the book. Collection refinements were also made to the library letting customers see which collections a book already belongs to.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000 books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
What's New In This Version:
Kindle for iOS Version 4.1 brings new features to students (flashcards), multiple improvements to the reading experience based on customer feedback, and stability & performance improvements.
NEW to Students
• Flashcards (print replica textbooks only): Students can now convert important terms from the X-Ray for Textbooks feature or their notes and highlights into flashcard sets for studying. Students can keep track of concepts or terms that have been mastered and those that need more practice, allowing them to improve their recall of the subject.
• Improved in-book search: Search in print replica textbooks is now faster and more powerful. Search terms based on the words in the book are suggested to students as they type. Results are almost instantaneous. Students will love the speed and convenience.
NEW to Readers
● Notebook Filters: Readers can now easily filter bookmarks, notes, highlights, and even specific colored highlights, making annotations much easier to find. Customers can also navigate directly to the annotated passages for context.
● Page Footers: Readers can now see page numbers or time left in book on the lower left page footer. Readers can switch between page #, time left in book or a blank footer by simply tapping on the text or empty area. A setting is available to turn off the page footer.
● X-Ray Update: Readers who want to go deeper into the story will appreciate the updated experience. X-Ray characters and terms can now be sorted by relevance, alphabetically, or in order of appearance in the book.
● Dictionary Redesign: The Dictionary Interface has been updated for iOS7 and makes it easier for customers to switch between alternate language and purchased dictionaries.
● Stability and Performance Improvements
NEW to the Library – Collections multi edit capability
● Collections Refinements: From the library view, customers can now see which collections a book already belongs to and can add to or remove from multiple collections using multi edit. Readers will find it easier to manage their collections.
You can download Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks from the App Store for free.