The latest update to the Automatic app turn the hardware device into an iBeacon letting users transmit or receive information from nearby sensors or devices. Co-founder Thejo Kote says that Automatic can now enable various car-specific applications with potential partners.
Applying iBeacon technology to a vehicle could make it easier for people to pay for things like parking, or gas fill ups, for instance — making the experience much better than it is today.
What's New In This Version:
• Added event recording for external APIs
• Fix for intermittent visual glitch in trip route
• Improved firmware update robustness
• Improved robustness of fetching check engine light problem information
• Fixed a bug where your parking location address would not update correctly sometimes
• Allow VIN to be copied from vehicle details screen
• Improved robustness of uploading drive data in bad network conditions
• Fixed a bug where your score could be zero when changing timezones
You can download Automatic from the App Store for free.