The company is planning to increase its focus on TV results, music videos and lyrics with a revamped app. The new UI will feature a card-style interface reminiscent of something like Google Now to better encourage users to take additional steps after song identification has taken place.
If you're in their test group, you'll get a sneak peek of the new Shazam experience. And if not, "you’ll see it very soon!"
Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly tag, and then explore, buy, share and comment. Tagging is unlimited, so use Shazam as much as you want.
Once you’ve tagged something, you can:
○ Buy from iTunes (and find others by the same artist)
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ Share tags on Shazam Friends
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
You can also:
○ Preview and save your favorite tags
○ Share tags on Twitter, Facebook & G+
○ Explore what’s popular around the world with Shazam’s Interactive Maps
○ Tag without coverage, Shazam will match when you have a connection
What's New In This Version:
There’s more in the news feed from artists you’ve Shazamed, like new track / album releases and exclusive video content
Connect to Facebook (if you haven’t already) to see what your friends are Shazaming and share your discoveries with them
If you’re in our test group, you’re going to get a sneak peek of the new Shazam experience. And if not, stay tuned, you’ll see it very soon!
We’ve also improved the way we handle pending tags - the ones made when your phone has no working data connection.
You can download Shazam from the App Store for free.